This post is a collation of references and resource material from my first presentation in the inaugural Caboolture Redcliffe ICU Sepsis Workshop for nurses.
The objective of this talk was to provide an update on triage and screening for sepsis, the current International standards and how this filters into ongoing refinement of diagnosis and treatment in our ICU.
JAMA Network Consensus Definitions for Sepsis and Septic Shock
- The Third International Consensus Definitions For Sepsis and Septic Shock. Singer, M et al – http://jama.jamanetwork.com/article.aspx?articleid=2492881
- Jeremy Faust and Lauren Westafer at FOAMCast: Sepsis – Redefined
- Richard Carden and Natalie May at St. Emlyn’s Blog: Holy Smokes! Batman, the SOFA and the Latest Sepsis Definitions
- Justin Morgenstern at First 10 in EM: Sepsis 3.0?
- Josh Farkas at Pulmcrit/EMCrit: Top 10 Problems with the new Sepsis Definition
- Intensive Care Medicine Working Knowledge (ICMWK): Sepsis 3 – The Rise of the SOFA
- Scott Weingart at EMCrit: Sepsis 3.0 with Merv Singer
- Scott Weingart at EMCrit: Wee – Cliff Deutschman with Additional Thoughts on Sepsis 3.0
- Matthew MacPartlin at Intensive Care Network: Sepsis is Not a Disease
- Sepsis: Pathophysiology and Clinical Management. Gotts, M and Matthay, M – http://www.bmj.com/content/353/bmj.i1585